Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blog 1

This is my second semester at Sierra College. So far, college has been an awesome experience for me. I have met some cool people and my classes have been great. This last semester went very well for me. I was very excited to start college because I was looking forward to more challenges in my education.
High school for me wasn't great, and wasn't bad. I attended high school at Colfax High in Colfax, Ca. By the time I was a senior I had found a few clubs and had made quite a few friends, so my last year of high school was a breeze. Every year up to senior year, however, was just okay. High school for me were kind of fleeting years - only a few of my teachers from high school stand out to me good teachers and I have only kept in touch with a few of my high school friends. Most of my experiences from high school were not very beneficial to who I am today.

With so much money being spent on investments that do not educationally advance our society, why has no government funding been given to schools to help create a better learning experience for high school students?

Rationalism: The belief that reason is the correct basis for regulating conduct in one's own life.

Anti-Rationalism: The belief that rejecting reason is the correct basis for regulating conduct in one's own life.

Fundamentalism: The belief of following strict guidelines to conduct one's own life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I graduated from Colfax, too -- a long time ago.