Friday, October 10, 2008

John the Evangelist

I like John the Evangelist.
I enjoy "Love comes from God, and everyone who loves is begotten by God and knows God; those who don't love, don't know God; for God is love."
This sentence is so straightforward. It seems that all of these deemed 'Christian' teachers have such an easy outlook to follow. Its as if Christianity was created for Americans. A step by step process.
God is love. This is a truth that cannot be denied. However a person sees God, their God reflects love. How can God not be love? It isn't possible. God is like a father to so many, who loves unconditionally.
In the movie 'V for Vendetta', one of the main characters says 'God is in the rain'. I like that she says this, because who else could be responsible for something so wonderful as the rain?
I also like the idea that God is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. This concept is cool, because it shows that God is a part of everything. Everything that happens to anyone is a part of God, or whomever a person might believe in. God is the spark of all flames.
God may be in the rain, but I understand God the most on a day like today. It is so windy! If God controlls the eco-system than he must be having a crazy day! This wind is such a change from the dry heat that we have had all summer. It is like the wind is blowing life into everything again. The trees haven't quite started to turn brown, and they look SO green today.
If a God exists, he must be responsible for this wind. Nothing earthly could create such a powerful force of life!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I liked reading your analogy of God and weather. It's funny how you said he must be having a crazy day! haha I picture God flustered and hyper creating that windy day! Instead of a statement "God it's windy" it's like your telling him!!