This collection of readings is wonderful.
This religion of Christianity with which I am the most familiar, due to where I was raised, has never really been something I've ever been compelled to seek. Perhaps I have been turned off by it because so many people practice the Christian faith. I guess because I am someone who goes against the grain, so to speak, I have never gone out of my way to learn more about Christianity. Furthermore, I don't think that Christianity is a religious practice that I will ever follow.
Just because I am not one for the Christian faith, doesn't mean that Jesus wasn't an amazing being. The power and wisdom that this man had was incredible.
Yes, Jesus was amazing. Yes he did many amazing things. But what is it about him that makes him different than all of the other incredible teachers?
Perhaps it is his teachings of the Kingdom of Heaven. Many other teachers speak of serenity, nirvana, inner peace, Zen....
Jesus is one of the few that placed a specific name on that inner peace that so many seek. He said what many of the other teachers have said. Basically “seek it and if your lucky you will find it”
I like this idea. Its simple. So many other teachers make serenity seem so confusing. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being confused about spirituality, but Jesus is so blunt about it. So straightforward. This is how it is, in a nutshell. Its like he has condensed all of the ironic nonsense and backward thinking into something that anyone can obtain, even if they are not of a particular faith.
A bit off topic, but:
In my personal opinion, it seems that perhaps the idea of the Kingdom of Heaven has been misconstrued into something that happens when a person dies. Maybe that is something completely separate and unrelated to the Kingdom of Heaven? Seems a little unlikely. I like this Kingdom of Heaven idea because it is obtainable, Christian or not, according to Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Hailey,
I do love reading your blogs...and both of them this week were, once again, awesome. I had a critical comment this time around, though...
You wrote: "Basically “seek it and if your lucky you will find it”"
The words "you're lucky" were thrown in there by you. Why? Jesus didn't say that (nor would Ramana Maharshi or any Zen Master). Seek and you *will* find. But you have to seek 100%...
Post a Comment